Active Listings in Cedar Park/Leander
[showcaseidx_search submit_text=”Search” hide=”streamlined”]
[showcaseidx_hotsheet name=”Cedar Park homes for Sale”]
Living In Cedar Park/Leander
The Cedar Park Texas and Leander communities are found in the northwest Austin metro area. On a map, they are right next to each other, sharing a community boundary. However, they share far more than that.
A Crossroads of Ancient Peoples and Railroads
The area was a longtime crossroads and camping site for prehistoric Native Americans, including the Tonkawa, Lipan Apache, and Comanche. Later, in the late 1800’s, the railroad connected these nascent neighborhoods. In fact, the site where Leander sits now used to be owned by the Austin and Northwest Railroad Company before being sold. Even the name Leander comes from a railroad official, Leander “Catfish” Brown, who helped complete the rail line into the area.
An Iconic Historical Emblem
As young professionals and families buzz around the tranquil streets of downtown Leander, stroll the tree-lined paths of Brushy Creek Trail, and ponder the meaning of life on the small boardwalk at Twin Lakes Park, they may sometimes forget that in 1982, archaeologists discovered one of the oldest intact human skeletons found in North America in Cedar Park.
Known as the Leanderthal Lady, or more respectfully, as Leanne, the paleo-American remains are estimated to be 10,000 to 13,000 years old. A wonderful place to celebrate Leanne is at Leanderthal Distilling, where you can have a cocktail using the Leanderthal Vodka made on site.
Quality of Life
The two communities also share the same high quality of life defined by:
- Entertainment — Cedar Park Texas has an NBA G League Team, the Austin Spurs, as well as an American Hockey League Team, the Texas Stars, who both play in the H-E-B Center. The center hosts concerts and other entertainments as well.
- Exceptional Education — The Leander Independent School District, one of the fastest growing school districts in the state of Texas, provides exceptional educational and athletic opportunities to residents. The Austin Community College has partnered with the Leander Independent School District and continues to expand to accommodate new residents.
- Recreation — Parks, parks, and more parks, such as the Brushy Creek Lake Park. As well as nature trails, sport facilities, and golf courses.
- Connection to the Outdoors — Leander and Cedar Park Texas are located on the border between the southwest and the southeast in an area known as Texas Hill Country. The area is highlighted by rugged hills of limestone and granite dotted with yucca and prickly pear.
- Home Ownership — Leander and Cedar Park are some of the best places to own a home in Texas Hill Country. In fact, almost 80% of residents in Leander own their home.
Speaking of home ownership, if you’re interested in working, living, or retiring in Leander or Cedar Park, contact us about finding a perfect, quiet, relaxing home.
At the Texas 512 Team, we’ve worked hard to become the local experts on Central Texas real estate — let us do the work, and we’ll exceed your expectations.