Active Listings in General Austin
Live In Austin Texas
So you want to live in Austin Texas? Imagine yourself on the edge of your seat listening to live music, or on white sand shores of a turquoise lake, or scarfing down legendary barbecue, or even on the banks of the Colorado River. Can you imagine that? Can you imagine all of that in the same place? It exists! Welcome to the Austin, Texas area, a unique region with everything you could ask for all in one location.
Number one place to live in the US!
Known as the Live Music Capital of the World, Austin was named the #1 place to live for three years in a row, from 2017-2019, by US News and World Report. This year, Austin remains in a strong position, falling only to number three on the list.
Why, you ask? While live music and South By Southwest may headline in Austin and attract throngs of tourists, the city has much more to offer those who live here year round:
- Quality Education — Since 1883, Austin is home to the University of Texas with over 50,000 students. The metro region has several top notch Independent School Districts as well.
- Iconic Culture — Music, history, and food combine to make Austin a hub for, well, anything. One of the largest festivals in the music world, Austin City Limits, dazzles listeners while the strong theater scene is sure to draw a laugh.
- Natural Splendor — Outside of downtown Austin, lakes, waterfalls, and tree-lined trails await your adventurous spirit.
- Pleasant Climate — The Austin metro region sits in a unique position between the arid southwest and the lush southern US. Yes it gets hot in the summer, but not too hot, and the winter is as mild as chicken-fried steak.
- Thriving Real Estate Market — Austin census figures released March 26 show a population increase of 2.8% from the prior year, bigger than any other metro with at least 1 million residents. That means Austin has been the fastest-growing major metro in the country for nine straight years, from 2010 to 2019.
- A Sense of Community — People love to live in Austin Texas. People care about arts, the environment, civil rights, and quality of life.
I know what you’re thinking…
The Colorado River goes through Texas?!
Yes, there’s actually two Colorado Rivers, and this one spends all of its time in Central Texas. But really, the greater Austin area is diverse; quiet neighborhoods in the suburbs, a lively downtown, a strong sense of community, and everything in between. When you live in Austin Texas, you get the best of everything all in one place!
If you’re interested in moving here to help Keep Austin Weird, contact us about finding your ideal home.
At the Texas 512 Team, we’ve worked hard to become the local experts on Central Texas real estate — let us do the work, and we’ll exceed your expectations.